Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008, Hello 2009

Like the past few years, I ring in the new year by myself, no parties, no champagne, no countdown in Times Square (although I want to eventually). I do expect to be flooded with texts in about 8 minutes or so. Usually, I don't even bother waiting for 12am. But, this time I'm up at this hour because I've been reading Twilight, only to understand what the teenage hype is about, not because I'm in love with Edward Cullen.

I guess it's a perfect time to reflect on the year 2008. If there's one thing I realized this year, it's that time is passing too quickly. 2010 seemed so elusive when I was in high school, telling people I was in the class of 2010. Now, it's only 365 days + 8 minutes away. Oh dear, I am not ready for adulthood. Was 2008 a fruitful year? I would say yes. Made a few thousand working my first real job. Asian survived a 7 class semester. Spent nearly 8 months (and counting) with a special someone. Pulled off a trip to London with friends. *shrug* not particularly glamorous, but it was fun.

So, in the course of blogging, it has passed 12:00am. I'd like to wish everyone a happy new year. Cheers to 2009.

No comments: